First impressions

Your clothing is sending a message. You will never have a second chance to make a good first impression.
People perceive you in that first encounter and make immediate judgments about you. Decisions are made about your economic level, education, trustworthiness, honesty, and credibility - all within that first meeting.

Your clothing actually speaks for itself.
You have a personal signature and style that is being read by others around you. The best word to describe clothing messages is communication. Communication can be one of the world's greatest problems.

You may be asking yourself by now, "How can I start in my personal image improvement process?"
First, you can become aware of yourself, then begin to see yourself as others see you. Ask yourself questions like these:

> Do I project the message I want to send?
> Am I dressing for my profession or company by the standards already adopted by that profession?
> Do I already have a fashion identity?

Questions like these will help you become aware of yourself so that you can begin to make the necessary changes for your image of excellence.


(written by Valerie Sokolosky, in "Seasons of Success: the image of excellence")

Comentários